Keep what's worth keeping and blow the rest away.
Smudging has been around since ancient times practiced by Native Americans during ceremonial purposes or centuries. The smoke from white sage, palo santo, and botanical smudge are believed to assist with cleansing negative energy from spaces people and objects. The smoke from white sage can clear pollen pet dander odors bacteria viruses dust and other hazardous airborne particles.
Before you begin to cleanse the energy in your home please make sure you have cleaned and decluttered your home.
- Be sure to be in a positive and healthy state of mind and place to smudge. Trying to purge negativity while in a negative state of mind yourself can be counter-intuitive.
- Find a small fire proof bowl or ashtray to hold it over as the Goddess smudge stick or White Sage and Palo Santo stick smokes.
- Open the windows in your house and turn on any fans. This will help the negative energy flow out of the window allowing the positive energy to fill the room in its place.
- Light your Goddess smudge stick and once it begins to burn, blow out the flame and allow the embers to start to smolder and smoke (similar to lighting incense.
- Say an affirmation or a prayer of cleansing your home. I like to say, "Bless this home and all who enter, please cleanse this home of all stagnant and negative energy, fill this home with light and love and with positive energy."
- Walk around the room, waving the Goddess smudge stick so its smoke drifts into corners, along walls, around windows, and along ceiling lines. During this time, you can begin saying your favorite positive affirmations or smudge prayer. Also imagine the smoke absorbing negativity. See the smoke dissipating and floating out the windows, and imagine that bad energy flowing out of your space, making room for positive, fresh energy.
- Bless every room in your home, including basement and attic space. When you are done imagine your whole home being filled with white light and positive energy.
- Extinguish the Goddess Smudge stick with a small amount of water or simply let your smudge rest in a fire proof bowl or ash catcher until the smoke stops.
You can also try out this Goddess Smudge prayer to help you along the way.
A GODDESS SMUDGE PRAYER
I RELEASE ALL THINGS FROM THE PAST THAT HAVE CAUSED ANY NEGATIVE ATTACHMENTS. I PREPARE AND WELCOME NEW CHANGES, NEW LESSONS AND NEW ADVENTURES. I WELCOME NEW OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW EMOTIONALLY, MENTALLY AND SPIRITUALLY. CLEANSE THIS SPACE. NEGATIVE ENERGY MAY NOT STAY. I PUSH AWAY ALL NEGATIVE DISTRACTIONS, ALLOWING ME TO FIND CLARITY IN MY ACTIONS. TO FIND PEACE OF MIND IN ANY SITUATION. I RELEASE IT AND SEND IT ON ITS WAY. INTO THIS SMOKE, I RELEASE ALL ENERGIES THAT DO NOT SERVE ME AND ALL FEARS THAT LIMIT ME. I WELCOME ENERGIES THAT POSITIVELY AFFECT MY BEAUTIFUL SOUL AND MY LOVING HEART. SO IT IS.
Did you try our smudge prayer? Tell us all about it in the comments.